Sport Pilot & Private Pilot Members gain better Light Sport Aircraft availabilityLeave a Comment
Sport Pilot and Private Pilot Members can now access four Cessna-162 LSA Light Sport Aircraft at the Palo Alto Airport.
Four great C-162 sport planes are now available for rent and accessible to Members in the S.F. Bay Area. This kind of plane is great for flight training, as well as for doing some exploring. It offers fun and versatility. Moreover, the latest addition has:
A great cabin width (over 44 inches wide; about 4 to 5 inches wider than a Cessna Skyhawk plane).
Just the right amount of simple high tech with 2 intelligent Garmin 300 computers and a GPS. It offers:
- Moving Maps to provide instant position awareness, even when flying above the clouds.
- Weather maps that can provide near real-time radar images of moving rain and thunderstorm locations. And satellite views of cloud coverage.
- Display of real time wind directions and magnitudes, icing levels, and more.
- Terrain Proximity displays, with color-coded obstacle maps, and a voice alert, for extra safety.
- Air-Traffic information display
Balancing fun and fuel this plane uses only about 5 to 6 gallons per hour. You will have a smile on your face when you get to zoom this plane on some cross country flights across the Western US.
Where do you want to fly today? Let’s fly places!