Sport Pilot & Private Pilot Members gain better Light Sport Aircraft availabilityLeave a Comment
Sport Pilot and Private Pilot Members can now access various Sport Cruiser and Cessna-162 Sport Aircraft at the Palo Alto Airport.
Four great Sport Planes are now available for rent and accessible to Members in the S.F. Bay Area. Both the Sport Cruiser and C-162 are great planes for flight training, as well as for doing some exploring. They offer fun and versatility. Moreover, the latest additions have:
A great cabin width (over 44 to 46 inches wide; about 4 to 5 inches wider than a Cessna Skyhawk plane).
Just the right amount of simple high tech with 2 intelligent Garmin 300 computers (C-162) and Dynon Touch Screen technology (Sport Cruiser Aircraft) and GPS satellite navigation. These planes can offer the following offer:
- Moving Maps to provide instant position awareness, even when flying above the clouds.
- Weather maps that can provide near real-time radar images of moving rain and thunderstorm locations. And satellite views of cloud coverage. (Cessna 162 and/or Sport Cruiser)
- Display of real time wind directions and magnitudes, icing levels, and more.
- Terrain Proximity displays, with color-coded obstacle maps, and a voice alert, for extra safety.
- Touch Screen technology for engine, flight instrument and moving Map, Radio and Radar Transponder inputs and screen sizing (Sport Cruiser)
- Clear visual Air-Traffic information display (Sport Cruiser)
Balancing fun and fuel these planes use only about 5 to 6 gallons per hour. You will have a smile on your face when you get to zoom these plane on some cross country flights across the Western US.
Where do you want to fly today? Let’s fly places!